Do you ever crave the comforting, hearty flavours of a classic Lipton chicken noodle soup? While its easier to buy a ready-made can off the shelf, nothing quite beats making your own. And with this delicious Lipton Chicken Noodle Soup Copycat recipe, you can now enjoy a homemade chicken soup that tastes just like the original!
Lipton Chicken Noodle Soup Copycat
- 1 ½ tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups of chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons of dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon of dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon of tomato paste
- 2 sprigs of fresh parsley
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 2 cups egg noodles
- 1 boneless and skinless chicken thigh, diced
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes
- Salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Optional garnish: parsley, freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat and warm up the vegetable oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Saute the diced onion and minced garlic for a few minutes until the onion is translucent and softened.
- Add the chicken stock and bring the soup to a gentle boil.
- Add in the oregano, thyme, tomato paste, parsley and bay leaf. Simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Add the diced carrots, celery, egg noodles and chicken thigh. Simmer for another 15 minutes.
- Add the can of diced tomatoes and simmer for a further 10 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaf, adjust salt and pepper to taste, and serve the soup, topped with freshly chopped parsley and grated Parmesan cheese.
This Lipton Chicken Noodle Soup Copycat is the perfect easy and comforting lunch or light dinner. The unique combination of oregano and thyme – a nod to its Mediterranean and Middle Eastern origins – highlight the dish’s unique flavors. Plus, the egg noodles and grounded black pepper give the soup a rich, savory flavor and creamy texture. All in all, with this one recipe you can recreate that classic home-style chicken noodle soup in a flash. Enjoy!