Have you ever craved a delicious cake without any eggs? Everyone loves a good cake, but sometimes you may want one that’s eggless, whether due to allergies or personal preference. Chef Sanjeev Kapoor is here to rescue you with his eggless vanilla cake recipe!
Eggless Vanilla Cake Recipe By Sanjeev Kapoor
• 1 cup all-purpose flour
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 cup softened butter
• 3/4 cup sugar
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1/2 cup full-fat yoghurt
• 1/4 cup vegetable oil
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Grease a 8-inch round cake tin and set it aside.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
4. In a separate bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until fluffy.
5. Beat in the vanilla extract, yogurt, and oil until combined.
6. Slowly add the dry ingredients and mix until the batter is combined.
7. Pour the cake batter into the prepared cake tin, spread it evenly, and tap it on the counter a few times to release any air bubbles.
8. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
9. Allow the cake to cool for 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
This eggless vanilla cake recipe put together by Chef Sanjeev Kapoor is a great way to enjoy a classic dessert without the use of eggs! It’s creamy, buttery and wonderfully light, and the egg replacement of yogurt makes for a delicious and moist cake. This unique treat can be served with a dollop of freshly whipped cream or simple glaze of melted chocolate.
If you’re looking for more eggless treats, why not try a classic eggless banana bread or an apple crumble? Many cultures also rely on eggless baking, such as traditional Indian desserts such as gulab jamun (milk dumplings) or bakery treats such as the Malay kuih lapis (rice cake layered with pandan syrup). Regardless of your egg-free needs, this eggless vanilla cake recipe is sure to satisfy.