Often when I make muffins they turn out tasting bland or have a really dry texture but wow not these banana muffins they were amazing. My kids love these for school and even my husband takes one to work for a snack. If your bananas are really ripe when you make these muffins then consider cutting back on the sugar. The only problem you will have with this recipe is waiting ten minutes for them to cool * grins*
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 large ripe bananas, mashed
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon, to taste
- 1 tablespoon cold butter
- 1/4 cup nuts, chopped (optional)
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Mix bananas, sugar, egg and melted butter.
- Stir into dry mixture just until moistened.
- Fill muffin cups 3/4 full.
- Combine brown sugar, flour, and cinnamon topping ingredients.
- Cut in cold butter until crumbly.
- Sprinkle over muffins.
- Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for about 20 minutes, until muffins test done.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes.