- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 1/3 cup shredded fresh basil leaves
- 1 bunch English spinach, trimmed, roughly shredded
- 1 pound packet potato gnocchi
- 1/2 cup fresh reduced-fat ricotta cheese, crumbled
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook onion, stirring, for 4 minutes or until softened.
- Stir in garlic. Add tomato and chilli. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 5 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in basil and spinach. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until basil and spinach have just wilted.
- Meanwhile, cook gnocchi in a large saucepan of boiling salted water following packet directions until tender. Drain.
- Add gnocchi to tomato mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine.
- Serve topped with ricotta and a sprig of fresh basil.