Tantalizing Turkey Meatloaf with Oatmeal for a Truly Delicious Meal
Do you ever find yourself in a culinary rut? Maybe you’ve cooked the same recipes all summer, getting a bit bored and wanting to try something new? Look no further! This turkey meatloaf with oatmeal is just the recipe for you! Packed with flavor and sure to please the whole family, this recipe stands out from your average meatloaf.
To make the most delicious turkey meatloaf you’ll need:
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 1 onion, chopped
• 2 cloves of garlic, minced
• 2 ½ pounds of ground turkey
• 2 large eggs
• ½ cup of oatmeal
• 2 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce
• ½ cup of ketchup
• 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
• Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium heat and add the onions and garlic. Cook until the onions are translucent, about 5 minutes.
3. In a large bowl, mix together the turkey, eggs, oatmeal, Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, oregano, and the onion/garlic mix. Season with salt and pepper as desired.
4. Place the mixture onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and shape into a loaf.
5. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F.
6. Serve warm with your favorite side dish.
The root of the classic meatloaf recipe is based in French cuisine, where ground meats such as beef and pork were mixed with fresh herbs, seasoning and eggs to bind them in an economical dish. This turkey meatloaf brings with it an added twist through the use of oatmeal, giving it a unique flavor and texture sure to tantalize your taste buds.
A great idea for a meal prep staple, this recipe is a filling entree for a complete and balanced meal. Serve with some roasted potatoes, Brussels Sprouts and a glass of reduced red wine for a classic comfort food dinner. You can also portion and freeze the leftovers for convenient meals at a later date.
So next time you’re in need of some inspiration, try this creative and flavorful take on the traditional meatloaf! Enjoy!