A Flavorful Gussy Chicken Recipe That’s Sure to Satisfy
If you’re looking for a hearty and flavorful meal that’s sure to please a crowd, try making Gus Chicken! This dish takes its name from an old family recipe, passed down through generations, that has been passed down with love and care. It has a unique combination of ingredients and flavors, making it a delightful culinary experience.
The main flavor is a combination of garlic, paprika, cumin, and cayenne that creates a flavorful mixture. For a more savory take on the dish, feel free to add more of each spice. To balance out the intense mixings, diced tomatoes are used to add a little acidity, as well as plum tomatoes for extra sweetness. Adds an unique twist to the overall flavor that you won’t find in other chicken recipes.
Let’s take a look at all the ingredients you’ll need for this delicious Gus Chicken dish:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 can plum tomatoes (14.5-ounces), undrained
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped, for garnish
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Once hot, add the garlic, paprika, cumin, and cayenne. Sauté for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the cubed chicken pieces and season with the kosher salt. Cook for another 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the tomato paste, diced tomatoes and plum tomatoes. Stir to combine and reduce the heat to low. Simmer uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Garnish with the fresh parsley and serve warm.
Gus Chicken is a great recipe if you’re looking for something that requires minimal effort, but bursting with flavor. The combination of spices and tomatoes in the dish will make your mouth water and the final product is truly something special. If you’re looking for a traditional comfort food, try this dish and you’ll be sure to have a satisfied and happy crowd. If you’re interested in trying other classic, yet unique, recipes, you may want to consider Creole Chicken, Greek Chicken, or Chinese Coconut Chicken. All of these delicious dishes are sure to please your palate and leave you wanting more!