Treat Yourself With Chocolate Chip Cookies Without Vanilla
Shake up your traditional chocolate chip cookie recipe with a delicious variation: Chocolate Chip Cookies Without Vanilla. These sweet treats are sure to satisfy with their chewy and fudgy centers, bursting with semi-sweet and bitter-sweet chocolate. Crunchy cookie corners and extra chips promise flavor in every bite, and the lack of vanilla extract gives them an unexpected twist.
This recipe may surprise some traditional bakers, but this unique flavor combination comes from across the world. In Eastern and Central European countries, the traditional chocolate chip cookie recipe doesn’t often use vanilla extract. But this cookie variation is so much more—pairing traditional chocolate flavors with creamy, nutty, or crunchy additions.
• 2 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
• 1 tsp of baking soda
• 1/2 tsp of salt
• 1 cup (2 sticks) of unsalted butter
• 3/4 cup of light brown sugar
• 1/2 cup of granulated sugar
• 2 large eggs
• 12 oz of bittersweet or semisweet chocolate chips
• 1/4 cup of chopped nuts or your favorite crunchy snack
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper, and set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt. In a separate medium bowl, mix together melted butter and sugars.
3. Add the eggs to the butter and sugar mixture and stir until combined.
4. add in the flour mixture and mix until combined.
5. Fold in the chocolate chips and nuts.
6. Scoop about 2 tablespoons of the dough for each cookie and place on the prepared baking sheets, about 2 inches apart.
7. Bake for about 10 minutes, or until cookies are lightly golden around the edges. Let cool for about 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Enjoy your Chocolate Chip Cookies Without Vanilla with a cold glass of milk or top with a dollop of your favorite ice cream. This recipe is a modern twist on a classic and sure to be a hit amongst both newcomers and veteran cookie-eaters alike. If you prefer the classic version, you can easily opt for a traditional recipe that includes vanilla. But why not give this unique, delectable recipe a try? You won’t be disappointed.