Thai Chicken Peanut Satay Recipe
- 2 chicken breasts
- Chunk of ginger
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 table spoon of red curry paste
- 1 table spoon of fish sauce
- 1 can coconut milk
- 3 table spoons of peanut butter
- 1 table spoon of brown sugar
- some string beans
- Bunch of spring onions
- Peanut oil (if not then olive)
- Start with chopping the chicken breast into slices, throw into a bowl.
- Grate ginger and add the mushy ginger and ginger juice to the bowl of chicken.
- Chop/dice garlic finely and add to the bowl of chicken and ginger.
- Add the curry paste to the bowl and mix the mixture through then leave to marinate as long as possible.
- Cut spring onions into inch long pieces.
- Heat oil in wok on low heat, throw in the spring onions and stir for about a minute, then remove and put aside.
- Mix up the coconut milk, peanut butter, brown sugar, and fish sauce. I like to use a blender, sometimes I use a tupperware container and shake but what ever works.
- Brown marinated chicken in wok on low heat, and add more peanut oil if needed.
- Add coconut milk mix.
- Throw on the string beans and let cook till soft, try not to let the mixture boil.
- You’re pretty much done now, hopefully you started cooking the rice about 20 minutes ago.
- Throw it all on a plate, and garnish with the spring onions.