- 250g mushrooms
- linguine pasta (or any pasta)
- 150ml white wine
- 1tbs soy sauce
- olive oil
- 1 onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1-2tbs lemon juice
- salt & pepper to taste
- freshly chopped parsley.
How to make Quick Mushroom Linguine
This pasta dish is really quick and easy to make. It is quite plain and clean I suppose compared to other pasta dishes , but I liked it ^_^Any mushroom will go well with this recipe, I used pre-packed mixed mushrooms (enoki, shitake, eringi, oyster mushrooms).
I’ve also used chilli linguini when I made this, so it was spicy enough. Just add a dash of Tabasco or finely chopped chilli if you want more zing when you use plain pasta.It’s also suitable for vegetarians, just omit the butter if you are a strict one ^_^
- Clean the mushrooms, and slice to about roughly the same size.
- Finely chop garlic and onion.
- Boil pasta as per instructions, drain and set aside.
- In a pan/wok, melt the butter and oil (the oil will prevent the butter from burning as we all know :D).
- Add in the chopped garlic and onion, saute until they start to soften.
- Add in the mushrooms, again saute until they start to soften.
- Pour the white wine and soy sauce into it, cook until most of the liquid has evaporated (doesn’t take long, so keep an eye).
- Dump in the cooked and drained pasta, mixed well to absorb all the juices.
- Season with salt and pepper if required.
- Just before taking them off the heat, add in the lemon juice. I think it makes it lighter and fresher, you can omit it if you wish.
- Sprinkle with freshly chopped parsley, and bon apetit !