This is the best pumpkin soup recipe I have ever found! I was able to whip it up really quickly on a recent cold morning and thoroughly enjoyed it.
There is a bit of cutting involved so if you have a man around the house haul them into the kitchen and get them chopping! If I could single out one ingredient I would have to say it is the thyme that really makes this soup.
My whole family asked me to make it again so I was very happy with myself and will no doubt be making this wonderful pumpkin soup again.
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 4 cups pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 5 whole black peppercorns
- Heat stock, salt, pumpkin, onion, thyme, garlic, and peppercorns.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 30 minutes uncovered.
- Puree the soup in small batches (1 cup at a time) using a food processor or blender.
- Return to pan, and bring to a boil again. Reduce heat to low, and simmer for another 30 minutes, uncovered.
- Stir in heavy cream. Pour into soup bowls and garnish with fresh parsley.