These are my favorite roasted potatoes, I make them all the time. They are tender, delicious and pretty too.
You can microwave the potatoes in their jackets to reduce cooking time if you wish. No need to peel them as the skin contains nutrients and adds to the visual appeal of this dish. There really is nothing like oven roasted potatoes to compliment a grilled steak dinner or a roast chicken but these potatoes go well with just about anything.
For variety try using some red potatoes such as Yukons. All going well your potatoes will be soft in the middle, crispy on the outside and your kitchen will smell wonderful.
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees F (245 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, combine oil, garlic, basil, marjoram, dill weed, thyme, oregano, parsley, red pepper flakes, and salt. Stir in potatoes until evenly coated.
- Place potatoes in a single layer on a roasting pan or baking sheet.
- Roast for 20 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, turning occasionally to brown on all sides.