This is an easy and tasty pizza recipe anyone can make. Remember to thaw out the frozen vegetables thoroughly before you put them on your pizza otherwise a soggy pizza will ensue. Personally I love the taste of shrimp, I really love pizza and I adore New Orleans so for me this pizza recipe was a no-brainer. As with any pizza recipe you can add or subtract ingredients according to your own tastes. For example broccoli florets are a nice substitute for the green peppers. For those of us on a diet use low fat mozerella cheese.
- 1 package pizza dough mix
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1 cup chunky tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce, or more if needed
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/3 cup frozen chopped green pepper, thawed (
- 1/3 cup frozen chopped onion, thawed
- 1/2 pound pre-peeled medium shrimp
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Lightly spray a baking sheet with olive oil cooking spray; set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine pizza crust, Cajun seasoning, and hot water until well moistened. Beat 20 times to form a dough.
- Let sit while you make the sauce.
- In small mixing bowl, combine tomato sauce, hot sauce, and garlic; set aside. Press dough into a 12-inch circle on a baking sheet with floured fingers. Spread sauce onto dough evenly, leaving a 1-inch border. Top with cheese, peppers, onions, and shrimp.
- Bake in preheated oven 12 to 17 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
- Slice and serve.