This salad is just a devine way to eat healthy. Full of rich textures and tastes it is probably one of the best salads I have ever made.
- 10 scallions, white and green parts, thinly sliced
- 1 pound ripe tomatoes, seeded, cored, and 1/2-inch-diced
- 1 hothouse cucumber, halved lengthwise, seeded, and 1/2-inch-diced
- 1 can or jar (12 to 16 ounces) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1/3 cup julienned fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (4 lemons)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic (3 cloves)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup good olive oil
- 8 ounces good feta cheese, 1/2-inch-diced
- Toasted pita bread, for serving
- Place the scallions, tomatoes, cucumber, chickpeas, parsley, mint, and basil in a large salad bowl and toss to combine.
- In a small bowl or measuring cup, whisk together the lemon juice, garlic, 2 teaspoons salt, and 1 teaspoon pepper.
- Slowly whisk in the olive oil to make an emulsion.
- Pour the dressing over the salad, tossing gently to coat all the vegetables.
- Add the feta, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and toss gently.
- Serve the salad with the toasted pita bread.