- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick) melted
- 1 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 3 eggs, separated (save both)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 280g flour (1 3/4 cup)
- 90g sugar (1/3 cup)
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Whipped cream:
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tbl sugar
- Maple syrup
How to make Buttermilk Waffles
1. Whisk egg yolks, then add vanilla, buttermilk and butter while whisking.
2. Sift flour, sugar, baking powder and baking soda. Mix well.
3. Add liquids to the dry ingredients. Whisk well to combine.
4. Beat eggs whites until they form stiff peaks.
5. Fold 1 cup of the egg whites into batter.
6. Fill your waffle maker. This recipe makes about 10-12 waffles.
7. To make fresh whipped cream, add sugar to the heavy cream, beat well until the desired consistency.
8. Add fresh fruit, drizzle with maple syrup and dollop with whipped cream.